Critical Reflection

Over the past 13 weeks, this course has revealed imperative and insightful examples and practises in becoming a better writer. In secondary school, I always considered myself as being fairly good at it. Before attending this course, I was unaware of how to write a perfect report. I have set goals to become a better writer and speaker and I am determined to forge my way through this module despite the challenges encountered. To my surprise, the way Professor Brad conducted his lessons really stood out from the rest and the pace was suitable. The reading material, videos, assignment samples are of great help. If I had the opportunity to recommend this course to be implemented in all phases of education, I definitely would. Professor Brad also did a very good job responding in earnest to my submissions and through his guidance of our writing assignments, I truly believe I have the potential to be an effective communicator. My confidence in speaking in front of a crowd grew as I was given the chance on several occasions to read and give short presentations. In doing so, I learnt how to engage and interact with the audience and be more confident when approaching such tasks in the future. A key factor that I managed to master is the importance of critical thinking. By applying the intellectual standards, it enables me to make my own arguments in writing. As a critical thinker and writer, I am able to make judgements, interpret ideas and claims presented in the texts I read. One way to improve my critical thinking would be probably to volunteer as the team leader. In doing so, I learn to handle conflicting resolutions and make decisions more effectively.

I was able to establish a good rapport with my teammates during the project. However, we did not know each other well in terms of our capabilities. As such, it was difficult to determine how everyone’s attitude towards working in a team would be like. My role was to suggest a topic upon the agreement of the other team members. Furthermore, it was actually quite time consuming regarding the allocation of the tasks as no one was certain of how to go about doing it. Nonetheless, we had to give credit to Yon Jun for organizing and managing the team. The delegation of each member’s part went well and we clarified on what was unclear and distributed the workload evenly. Discussion in the group was limited in the classroom due to time constraint. Hence, we scheduled some time away from class to hold a meeting. Although the presentation went smoothly, there were a few areas that I could have worked on. I felt that I could have slowed down and channelled my thoughts. Due to nervousness, I tend to read off the slides which makes me look unprepared and unprofessional. After the project, I learnt that teamwork is paramount as it promotes the cooperation and participation of all members. This would enhance our critical thinking by expressing our points of view. Giving feedback is also necessary as it facilitates personal development. Be it positive or negative comments, an individual will be more likely to improve and avoid repeating the same mistake. Looking back, the result of what we have achieved so far can only be due to the sheer amount of effort that was put in and I can honestly say that I am more than pleased with that. Above all, I would relate the concepts that I acquired in this module to my future profession.

 

 

Comments

  1. Dear Bryant,

    Thanks very much for this detailed, fairly fluent critical reflection. I appreciate how you’ve addressed both facets of the assignment – module learning and the project -- and that you considered these areas in depth while focusing on various aspects of the work you did and the skills achieved.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paraphrasing

Reader Response